How to use "measure" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "measure" in popular movie and book plots
- Stone brings the kids to his home, but it explodes due to a Batai security measure left by Lorelei. - Weapon Zero
- Stephen is unsuccessful—he takes measure after measure to stop them, but he is never able to eradicate all of them. - The New Breed (The Outer Limits)
- Ratios are used instead of absolute concentrations because mass spectrometers usually measure the former rather than the latter. - Isochron dating
- This measure is refused by all in the club as the Colonel has a strong standing of honor and credit within the club. - The Silence (The Twilight Zone)
- However, Brigitte palms a piece of glass to measure her healing rate. - Ginger Snaps 2: Unleashed
- Privately, however, she confides the full measure of her defeat. - Five Little Pigs
- He even helps them to measure the detonating fuse and gives them matches, refusing to believe the full horror of what is happening. - The Fire Raisers (play)
- Sabriel and Touchstone have married since Sabriel and assumed a measure of control over the Old Kingdom. - Lirael
- By the novel's end, Gerald achieves a measure of peace with his past. - Anglo-Saxon Attitudes
- Klaus's teacher, mrs Bass, obsesses over the metric system and makes her students measure countless dull objects. - The Austere Academy
- There is also active discrimination against heterosexuals, homosexuality being encouraged as a measure against overpopulation. - The Wanting Seed
- He eventually finds a measure of success, restoring the family's former estate. - The Mill on the Floss
- It is, as it were, a measure of the confidence that God places in us". - Mrs Craddock
- She plans to take a flight home, and buy a new car for herself, as a measure of her altruism. - Autumn Sonata
- Howard's final measure to restore his heterosexuality is the use of a self-help audio cassette, although that fails as well. - In & Out (film)
- During the performance, Maturin elbows Aubrey who is beating the measure "half a beat ahead". - Master and Commander
Meaning of "measure" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "measure" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "measure" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "measure"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word measure below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.