How to use "meretricious" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "meretricious" in popular movie and book plots
We couldn't find any sentences for the word meretricious. Help us improve by submitting an example sentence using the comment section at the bottom of this page.
Example sentences for "meretricious" in interesting articles
- Prostitution is technically illegal in Las Vegas, but not the meretricious comfort of an “escort,” a service abetted by a legion of Latin Americans, men and women alike, wearing oversized t-shirts that make them walking billboards for GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS, HOT SEXY GIRLS, or, for the impatient, GIRLS DIRECT TO YOU 10 MINUTES. - Meeting Ayn Rand on the Las Vegas Strip
Meaning of "meretricious" in English
- based on pretense; deceptively pleasing
- meretricious praise
- a meretricious argument
- tastelessly showy
- a flashy ring
- garish colors
- a gaudy costume
- loud sport shirts
- a meretricious yet stylish book
- tawdry ornaments
- like or relating to a prostitute
Meaning of "meretricious" in Hindi
- बनावटी शोभा युक्त ( Banavati shobha yukt, banaavatee shobhaa yukt, banawati shobha yukt)
- भड़कीला ( Bhadakila, bhadakeelaa)
Synonyms of "meretricious"
Discuss anything about the word meretricious below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.