How to use "more" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "more" in popular movie and book plots
- As more guests arrive, Sally’s husband, Buddy, enters. - Follies
- Carrie lists her more than thirty sexual partners. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Vowels will almost always have four or more distinguishable formants; sometimes there are more than six. - Formant
- Mildred's friends leave in disgust, while Mildred locks herself in the bathroom and takes more sleeping pills. - Fahrenheit 451
- Gregor grows more comfortable with his changed body. - The Metamorphosis
- As the discussion gets heated, he states that he thinks women are more faithful than men. - Eyes Wide Shut
- Back at the cabin, Ash listens to more of the tape, learning that the only way to kill the entity is to dismember it when it possesses a host. - The Evil Dead
- ready for more action. - Duke Nukem 3D
- The term is also more loosely used to describe coming-of-age films and related works in other genres. - Bildungsroman
- During the first episode, disparities in wealth are shown to be more pronounced than in previous periods in post-war Japan. - Bubblegum Crisis
- Batman quietly expresses his sincere hope to Robin that this "mixing of minds" does more good than it does harm. - Batman (1966 film)
- ), learning more about the nature of the blade runners and the replicants. - Blade Runner 2: The Edge of Human
- However, when he refuses to hit her, she pressures him, becoming more emotional. - Blue Velvet (film)
- As a result, a more extensive test is required to determine whether she is a replicant. - Blade Runner
- However, as more and more deaths quickly ensue, it becomes apparent that there is an epidemic. - The Plague
- The Seven Commandments are abridged to a single phrase: "All animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others". - Animal Farm
Meaning of "more" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "more" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "more" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "more"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word more below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.