How to use "much" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "much" in popular movie and book plots
- Elizabeth is horrified at Darcy's involvement in an affair which has caused her sister so much pain. - Pride and Prejudice
- John eventually passes out after drinking too much of the wine while trying to quench his thirst, having not eaten or drunk for days. - Moonfleet
- Yuki protects it from the TPCD, teleports it out of the area, and adopts it as a pet in a miniaturized form, all much to her father's chagrin. - Megatokyo
- She asks for an item with the Spam removed, much to the amazement of her Spam-loving husband. - Spam (Monty Python)
- In this story, an artist, named Niggle, lives in a society that does not much value art. - Leaf by Niggle
- Suddenly, though, the two villains return, much to Huck's despair. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- Mattie has an apparent Electra complex; she finds appeal in Urquhart's much older age and later refers to him as "Daddy". - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- He is a former salesman for the fictional Binford Tool company, and is very much a cocky, overambitious, accident-prone know-it-all. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- The King, meanwhile, spent much of the summer away from the city, hunting. - Gunpowder Plot
- Elin explains that she often adds too much chocolate until her milk is nearly black. - Show Me Love (film)
- The town behind the front where George spends much of his time is referred to as M---. - Death of a Hero
- Everyone reminisces about the huge meal and much fun ("This Was a Real Nice Clambake"). - Carousel (musical)
- Murbella saves as much of the Bene Gesserit force as she can and they begin to withdraw to Chapterhouse. - Chapterhouse: Dune
- I perform a much needed job here in the City of Amnesia"), although he is a little hesitant this time. - The Big O
- Though she charms him during a card game, she later shows interest in a well-off British Army captain, John Quin, much to Barry's dismay. - Barry Lyndon
- Here I sit and there you are lying; we have so much to say, and we shall never say it". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "much" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "much" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "much" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "much"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word much below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.