How to use "nation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "nation" in popular movie and book plots
- While they are on this mission, Comanche chief Buffalo Hump leads his nation on the warpath. - Comanche Moon
- Following Japan's unconditional surrender, American occupation forces arrive to help the nation rebuild. - Barefoot Gen
- In it he evokes a pan-Latin American identity that transcends both the arbitrary boundaries of nation and race. - The Motorcycle Diaries (film)
- The story involves a party of player characters (PCs) who travel to the land of Barovia, a small nation surrounded by a deadly magical fog. - Ravenloft (module)
- After winning a civil war Seth, Oxford-educated emperor of the fictional nation of Azania, makes it his goal to "modernise" his country. - Black Mischief
- The hero's story begins with a flashback dream of the death of his parents at the hands of the Dark Lord, the ruler of the nation of Granz. - Sword of Mana
- Doubts as to the directions the nation is taking are foremost in the minds of the intellectuals. - The Country of Carnival
- Farnaby convinces her that Joe Aldehyde's oil money will help her in her quest to "save" the nation from blasphemy. - Island (Huxley novel)
- The Earth Forces are not a unified alliance, and infighting and mistrust exist between their various nation states. - Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
- The title character is a tall, leather-clad secret agent from the nation of Monica, skilled in assassination and acrobatics. - Æon Flux
- The 2000s began with the division of the show into two locales: Springfield and the fictional island nation of San Cristobel. - Guiding Light
- The new nation of Ecotopia consists of Northern California, Oregon, and Washington; it is hinted that Southern California is a lost cause. - Ecotopia
- He is pronounced to be the saviour of the Montauk nation by his tribe's navigator, and educated in their ways. - Adventures of Wim
- Now that their family is together again, they travel to France and eventually Liberia, the African nation created for former American slaves. - Uncle Tom's Cabin
- However, he refuses to reduce the island nation of Blefuscu to a province of Lilliput, displeasing the King and the royal court. - Gulliver's Travels
- Near the end of the book, the Nautilus is attacked by a warship of some nation that made Nemo suffer. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
Meaning of "nation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "nation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "nation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "nation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word nation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.