How to use "near" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "near" in popular movie and book plots
- Using a terminal near the mainframe, the hacker enters cyberspace and destroys SHODAN. - System Shock
- They then kidnap nine young men and nine young women and take them to a palace near Marzabotto. - Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- Mrs Dashwood moves her family to Barton Cottage in Devonshire, near the home of her cousin, Sir John Middleton. - Sense and Sensibility
- As they tail the SS, the two are shot down near Austria and captured by the Nazis. - Return to Castle Wolfenstein
- The severely damaged vessel collides with a strand of shadow-square wire and crash-lands on the Ringworld near a huge mountain. - Ringworld
- She also threatens to call the cops if he comes anywhere near them. - Raging Bull
- In 1757, Moonfleet is a small village near the sea in the south of England. - Moonfleet
- Starbuck tries to persuade Ahab to return to Nantucket to meet both their families, but Ahab simply crosses the deck and stands near Fedallah. - Moby-Dick
- These attacks were set in to motion to draw attention away from Japan, so that the aliens can establish an underground stronghold near Mt. - Destroy All Monsters
- Over time Max becomes distant from Laura and his son Jonah (Spencer Vrooman) because of his preoccupation with his near death experience. - Fearless (1993 film)
- Ash is then forced to decapitate his girlfriend with a shovel and bury her near the cabin. - Evil Dead II
- In June 1580 he purchased a tenement and seven acres of land near Aldgate in London from the Italian merchant Benedict Spinola for £2,500. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- Homer leaves the orphanage, and returns with them to Ocean View Orchards (Wally's family's orchard) in Heart's Rock, near the Maine coast. - The Cider House Rules
- The player begins in a tiny hamlet, near which he/she used to live. - Castle of the Winds
- Ballard meets Vaughan after being involved in a car accident himself near London Airport. - Crash (J. G. Ballard novel)
- During a mission near Ganymede, one of the moons of Jupiter, their ship is seen by the Earth Alliance destroyer Agamemnon, but not recognized. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "near" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "near" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "near" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "near"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word near below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.