How to use "nor" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "nor" in popular movie and book plots
- Shane counters that a gun is a tool, no better nor worse than a hoe or axe, and as good or bad as the man using it. - Shane (film)
- But he knows neither the location of the deposit nor of the cabin. - The Gold Rush
- Seeing him bleed, the priests cried that he was "Neither God nor Devil but a man. - The Man Who Would Be King
- Eventually Thor turns up at the party, and he is not to be placated, nor withheld. - Lokasenna
- On the other hand, Esther neither smokes nor drinks. - Just Like That (novel)
- Jake does not know how long he has been at the way station, nor exactly how he got there and hid when the Walter passed through. - The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger
- Because they had no knowledge of independent living, nor any education, Lazarus teaches them "how to be human" during the voyage. - Time Enough for Love
- Neither the lander nor Burke's ship is flightworthy. - Space Cadet
- Key events are as follows: Note: The culpability of Boris in the matter of Dmitriy's death can neither be proved nor disproved. - Boris Godunov (opera)
- Neither Linda nor John are accepted by the villagers, and their life has been hard and unpleasant. - Brave New World
- She pushed the barriers of tradition by never marrying nor giving into womanly duties. - House of Tudor
- They admit to each other that neither want nor need grow old alone, which is slowly creeping up on them; they have no more time to lose. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
- They are told only that the challenges are neither insurmountable nor unreasonable. - Tunnel in the Sky
- Case jumps at the chance to regain his life as a "console cowboy," but neither Case nor Molly knows what Armitage is really planning. - Neuromancer
- Joe attempts suicide by suffocation, but finds that he had been given a tracheotomy that he can neither remove nor control. - Johnny Got His Gun
- Kane marries Susan and forces her into a humiliating operatic career for which she has neither the talent nor the ambition. - Citizen Kane
Meaning of "nor" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "nor" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "nor" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "nor"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word nor below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.