How to use "nothing" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "nothing" in popular movie and book plots
- After revealing Jesus as nothing more than a pathetic human being ("Behold the man. - Jesus Christ Superstar
- He reads the Bible and becomes religious, thanking God for his fate in which nothing is missing but human society. - Robinson Crusoe
- When nothing happens, Heathcliff shows Lockwood to his own bedroom and returns to keep watch at the window. - Wuthering Heights
- Belloq performs a ceremonial opening of the Ark, which appears to contain nothing but sand, all that remains of the Ten Commandments. - Raiders of the Lost Ark
- With nothing left to live for, and a sizable severance check from his boss, he heads to Las Vegas to drink himself to death. - Leaving Las Vegas
- Ultimately, there would be nothing to show for 50 years of work: the project would leave absolutely no mark on the world. - Life a User's Manual
- In general, he considers other people either interesting or annoying, or feels nothing for them at all. - The Stranger (novel)
- Led by Ma, the remaining members realize they can only continue, as nothing is left for them in Oklahoma. - The Grapes of Wrath
- The driver tells Joe there is nothing else to do but continue on to Miami. - Midnight Cowboy
- A few days later, when the police show up at the house to investigate the wife's disappearance, they find nothing and the narrator goes free. - The Black Cat (short story)
- He does nothing when Hannassey's trouble-making son Buck (Chuck Connors) and his shiftless companions harass him. - The Big Country
- He discovers that he and mrs Robinson have nothing to talk about. - The Graduate
- Julia alights from the ship, looking nothing like the photos she's sent prior to her voyage. - Original Sin (2001 film)
- " The whole court rises and looks expectantly at the witness entrance door, only for nothing to happen. - The Spanish Inquisition (Monty Python)
- Ben becomes frenzied, while the dancing ensemble continues as if nothing was wrong. - Follies
- Jeffrey again visits Dorothy's apartment and she tells him that although she knows nothing about him, she has been yearning for him. - Blue Velvet (film)
Meaning of "nothing" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "nothing" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "nothing" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "nothing"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word nothing below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.