How to use "number" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "number" in popular movie and book plots
- Britt dies after shooting at a considerable number of bandits but exposing himself from cover. - The Magnificent Seven
- She had a number of problems during her childhood, one of the main ones being after the execution of her mother, Anne Boleyn. - House of Tudor
- The media and others camp out on his lawn, and Louise requests an unlisted number to end the constant ringing of the phone. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- A fellow taxi driver refers Travis to illegal gun dealer Easy Andy, from whom he buys a number of handguns. - Taxi Driver
- Hearing Aid is also known as the "Ten Nines", after the phone number used to call it: 999-999-9999. - The Shockwave Rider
- A number of episodes explore their capitalistic nature, while others delve into the race’s sexist social norms. - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Broulard convinces him to reduce the number to three, one from each company. - Paths of Glory
- A number of episodes were also experimental in that they took place entirely in one setting. - One Foot in the Grave
- She is shown walking amongst the zombies and then in Ed's gun-sights, and in the center of an attack by a number of Ed's Kill-Bots. - Megatokyo
- A large number of spectres appear, all gazing at him with disapproval, as if serving as the jury of public opinion on his perceived deviance. - Glen or Glenda
- "), and Hattie Walker performs her old showstopping number ("Broadway Baby"). - Follies
- A number one. - Escape from New York
- He ingrains himself in socialite society and engages a number of trendy philosophies. - Death of a Hero
- Furious, the Joker kills Bob, his number one thug, then shoots the Batwing using a long barreled gun, causing it to crash. - Batman (1989 film)
- Bäumer arrives at the Western Front with his friends and schoolmates (Leer, Müller, Kropp and a number of other characters). - All Quiet on the Western Front
- When the daily number of deaths jumps to 30, the town is sealed, and an outbreak of plague is officially declared. - The Plague
Meaning of "number" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "number" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "number" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "number"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word number below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.