How to use "off" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "off" in popular movie and book plots
- The Duke pursues the group onto the heavily mined 69th street bridge, setting off mines as he tries to catch up. - Escape from New York
- The player cannot navigate the ship off of Phobos alone and sees that the only way out is to fight through the Phobos complex. - Doom (1993 video game)
- Fate conspires against him again when Helsing finds the crucifix in the possession of one of the servants who stole it off Lucy's corpse. - Dracula
- His father took him to find assistance at Marbule, but Serge's boat blew off course due to a raging magnetic storm caused by Schala. - Chrono Cross
- Wally goes off to serve in the Second World War and his plane is shot down over Burma. - The Cider House Rules
- His coach Sam Mussabini is overcome that the years of dedication and training have paid off with an Olympic gold medal. - Chariots of Fire
- Due to poor visibility, Janet drives her car off the road and into a ravine. - Bride of the Monster
- This final episode features a cameo by Straczynski as the technician who switches off the lights before Babylon 5 is demolished. - Babylon 5
- After a fight in which Batman knocks her off a building, Catwoman survives by landing in a truck full of kitty litter. - Batman Returns
- Batman, who survived the crash, fends off the Joker's remaining men despite his injuries, and confronts the Joker. - Batman (1989 film)
- Seething with hatred, Barry savagely assaults Bullingdon until he is pulled off by the guests. - Barry Lyndon
- The two friends ride off into the sunset—in a chauffeured stretch limousine. - Blazing Saddles
- As Schub runs off to warn Cora, Fay seeks out Hapgood in his hotel, and the two seduce each other in the style of a French romantic film. - Anyone Can Whistle
- The town has not changed since he went off to war; however, he finds that he does "not belong here anymore, it is a foreign world". - All Quiet on the Western Front
- Tarrou tells Rieux the story of his life and, to take their mind off the epidemic, the two men go swimming together in the sea. - The Plague
- The animals remain convinced that they are better off than they were under mr Jones. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "off" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "off" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "off" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "off"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word off below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.