How to use "on" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "on" in popular movie and book plots
- In a mansion in Xanadu, a vast palatial estate in Florida, the elderly Charles Foster Kane is on his deathbed. - Citizen Kane
- Usually in the beginning of the story there is an emotional loss which makes the protagonist leave on his journey. - Bildungsroman
- He reaches Wayne Manor barely alive and sits before his father’s bust, requesting guidance in his war on crime. - Batman: Year One
- Fleeing from the police, Batman realizes that Cobblepot is remotely controlling the Batmobile, taking it on a rampage through Gotham. - Batman Returns
- As Batman descends on the bat-ladder to land on the yacht it suddenly vanishes beneath him. - Batman (1966 film)
- Whilst searching for information on Batman, the Joker also falls for Vale. - Batman (1989 film)
- The site on which the building is constructed was formerly the location of Murray House. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
- The city is located on a seacoast and is surrounded by a vast desert wasteland. - The Big O
- Amilyn hitches a ride on the hood of his van which crashes into a tree just before Amilyn loses an arm. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- Jeffrey follows Frank and spends the next few days spying on him. - Blue Velvet (film)
- Representative Austin Stoneman (based on the Reconstruction-era Representative Thaddeus Stevens), his two sons, and his daughter Elsie. - The Birth of a Nation
- One day, Senex and Domina go on a trip and leave Pseudolus in charge of Hero. - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- ” He tells her to meet him at the rock on the edge of town. - Anyone Can Whistle
- The ship lands on a distant planet with a medieval-level civilization of dog-like creatures, dubbed "Tines", who live in packs as group minds. - A Fire Upon the Deep
- They both approach fellow doctors and town authorities about their theory but are eventually dismissed on the basis of one death. - The Plague
- Alex is a 15-year-old living in near-future dystopian England who leads his gang on a night of opportunistic, random "ultra-violence". - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "on" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "on" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "on" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "on"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word on below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.