How to use "onto" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "onto" in popular movie and book plots
- That night, Holly goes out onto the fire escape to elude an over-eager date (Mel Blanc). - Breakfast at Tiffany's (film)
- Qui-Gon quits the duel and escapes by leaping onto the open boarding ramp of the departing starship. - Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace
- They discuss the meaning of this character, and over several conversations Amélie begins projecting her loneliness onto the image. - Amélie
- Almásy retrieves Katharine's body from the Cave and, while flying back, the decrepit plane leaks oil onto him and both of them catch fire. - The English Patient
- Sofia responds by using her fist to knock the mayor, her assailant, onto the ground. - The Color Purple
- Matt rolls over onto his back and pulls a band-aid from a finger he injured hauling traps. - In the Bedroom
- She then walks onto a field near the school to plant Léon's houseplant, as she had told Léon he should, to "give it roots". - Léon: The Professional
- Blondie severs the rope with a rifle shot, dropping Tuco, alive but tied up, onto his share of the gold. - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Simon throws the book onto the floor in contempt, not believing in magic, only for a portal to open above it as a result. - Simon the Sorcerer
- Mireau, enraged, orders his artillery to open fire on them to force them onto the battlefield. - Paths of Glory
- Fleeing from the scene through the desert, they stray onto a field of rattlesnakes and are both bitten. - Natural Born Killers
- Niggle ends up discarding all his other artworks, or tacks them onto the main canvas, which becomes a single vast embodiment of his vision. - Leaf by Niggle
- The Duke pursues the group onto the heavily mined 69th street bridge, setting off mines as he tries to catch up. - Escape from New York
- He hid with a sword and waited until a large black creature crawled onto his niece's bed and to her neck. - Carmilla
- The two struggle, with Joker eventually gaining the upper hand, leaving Batman and Vicki clinging onto an outcropping. - Batman (1989 film)
- Roy makes the jump with ease, and as Deckard's grip loosens, Roy hoists him onto the roof, saving him. - Blade Runner
Meaning of "onto" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "onto" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "onto" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "onto"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word onto below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.