How to use "opportunity" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "opportunity" in popular movie and book plots
- Her classmates use the event as an opportunity to taunt her; led by Chris Hargensen, they throw tampons and sanitary napkins at her. - Carrie (novel)
- Maréchal and Rosenthal take the opportunity to lower themselves from a window by a homemade rope and flee. - La Grande Illusion
- When Jean shows up unannounced, Terry sees the opportunity to save her friend from the philandering Powell. - Stage Door
- When opportunity presents itself, purely out of habit, he steals a 40-sous coin from 12-year-old Petit Gervais and chases the boy away. - Les Misérables
- He wastes no opportunity to remind Elizabeth that she is very ill and possibly in danger of death. - The Barretts of Wimpole Street (1934 film)
- Donnie and Elizabeth take the opportunity to throw a Halloween party to celebrate her acceptance to Harvard. - Donnie Darko
- Chronotis to use the time machine to perform the magic trick, using the opportunity to lure an Electric Monk and its horse into the quarters. - Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency
- Blackie's feelings for Mary intensify, but complications arise when she is offered an opportunity to sing in the opera. - San Francisco (1936 film)
- The choir decides to make the most of its opportunity on the grand stage, and sings another song, "Swinging on a Star". - Going My Way
- One evening, Ned Land announces an opportunity to escape. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- Gordon is forced from the property, with the satisfaction of knowing that there is now a new opportunity to trap Ayala. - Traffic (2000 film)
- Bernard sees an opportunity to thwart plans to exile him, and gets permission to take Linda and John back. - Brave New World
- Estragon sees an opportunity to exact revenge on Lucky for kicking him earlier. - Waiting for Godot
- Scarlett goes to the mill to keep Ashley there until party time, a rare opportunity for her to see him alone. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Carrie observes that they may have missed an opportunity and then returns to America. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Three years after Londo's death, Sheridan himself is on the verge of death and takes one last opportunity to gather his old friends together. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "opportunity" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "opportunity" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "opportunity" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "opportunity"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word opportunity below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.