How to use "or" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "or" in popular movie and book plots
- To Waad's surprise, "Johnson" remained silent, revealing nothing about the plot or its authors. - Guy Fawkes
- Their leader demands that the human race surrender, or face total annihilation. - Destroy All Monsters
- stomping on its tail) or motivation produces a true radioactive blast. - Son of Godzilla
- As the squad converges, the sniper begs for death, prompting an argument about whether or not to kill her. - Full Metal Jacket
- agents who question his odd choice to not contact his wife and family or remain at the crash site with the other survivors. - Fearless (1993 film)
- Bill does not know if Ziegler is telling him the truth about Nick's disappearance or Mandy's death, but he says nothing further. - Eyes Wide Shut
- A containment wall surrounds the island and routes out of Manhattan have been dismantled or mined, while armed helicopters patrol the rivers. - Escape from New York
- The device cannot be dismantled or "untriggered", as it is programmed to explode if any such attempt is made. - Dr. Strangelove
- The ship's cargo is described as silver sand and 50 boxes of "mould", or earth, from Transylvania. - Dracula
- From the era of AD 2300 comes Robo, or Prometheus (designation R-66Y), a robot with near-human personality created to assist humans. - Chrono Trigger
- The game can be imported or started over in Part II. - Castle of the Winds
- Back at Xanadu, Kane's belongings are being cataloged or discarded. - Citizen Kane
- In episode 11, it appears that only Alex Rosewater, CEO of the Paradigm Corporation that runs the city, remembers or observes Christmas. - The Big O
- He informs her that she is The Slayer, or Chosen One, destined to kill vampires, and he is a Watcher whose duty it is to guide and train her. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- A slave belonging to Hero, Pseudolus wishes to buy, win, or steal his freedom. - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- She appears at the rock with all forty-nine of the inmates, or “Cookies” in tow, intending to let them take some of the water. - Anyone Can Whistle
Meaning of "or" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "or" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "or" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "or"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word or below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.