How to use "overweening" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "overweening" in popular movie and book plots
- From this point on events precipitate out of control as everything becomes a prey to chance: Pepé, the maldextrous cavalier, gets himself caught up in a duel in order to defend Stellina, a situation which he could have easily avoided had he not asked for help from his overweening and domineering brother-in-law, the lawyer Ciro Coppa, who insists that he must challenge his adversary or be looked on as a coward. - The Turn (novel)
Example sentences for "overweening" in interesting articles
- The real cause, argues Nick Eberstadt, a demographer at the American Enterprise Institute, a think-tank in Washington, DC, is not any country's particular policy but “the fateful collision between overweening son preference, the use of rapidly spreading prenatal sex-determination technology and declining fertility.” These are global trends. - Gendercide: The worldwide war on baby girls
- And that is: an overweening desire to be distracted from being alone in silence ... - In Praise of Silence
- It was the first time in 14 years that Nixon lost an election.When he arrived in the White House as VP at the age of 40, he was a smart young man on the rise -- a hubris-crazed monster from the bowels of the American dream with a heart full of hate and an overweening lust to be President. - He was a crook (1994)
- Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of the Christian Science movement, was militant about quality control: as the late psychologist Eugene Taylor pointed out in Shadow Culture (1999), instead of a loose-knit confederation of churches over which she could exert little control, Eddy’s ministry was constituted around an overweening mother church. - Like startups, most intentional communities fail. Why?
Meaning of "overweening" in English
- presumptuously arrogant
- no idea how overweening he would be
- getting a little uppity and needed to be slapped down
- unrestrained, especially with regard to feelings
- exuberant compliments
- overweening ambition
- overweening greed
Meaning of "overweening" in Hindi
- अति अहंकारी
Synonyms of "overweening"
Discuss anything about the word overweening below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.