How to use "paean" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "paean" in popular movie and book plots
- "The £1,000,000 Bank-Note" charts the magical rags-to-riches ascent of a virtuous and resourceful mining broker's clerk from San Francisco who arrives in London with a single dollar in his pocket, and proceeds to ultimate and splendid financial success and fame in London society—a paean to ingenuity and a celebration of its cunning confidence-man narrator. - The £1,000,000 Bank Note and Other New Stories
- The film ends with a paean to the bountiful post-war world to come; the Win the War Special's caboose is the "Post War Observation Car", and constituencies such as Joe Soldier, Joe Farmer, Industrialist, Joe Industrialist, Jr, and Joe Worker are shown examining fold-out brochures depicting the benefits of the American post-war world, including the benefits of the GI Bill and Social Security. - Hell-Bent for Election
- The section, which climactically ends the book, is a paean of exultation. - Hey Nostradamus!
Example sentences for "paean" in interesting articles
- They might as well just have linked to James Fallows’ paean and Eric Schmidt’s Wall Street Journal op-ed. - Google takes the FTC to school
- Horace Mann's "Seventh Annual Report" to the Massachusetts State Board of Education in 1843 is essentially a paean to the land of Frederick the Great and a call for its schooling to be brought here. - Against School - John Taylor Gatto
- But nevertheless, it’s also troublesome to observe Bloomsday as a rote paean to Joyce and Ulysses.For one part, it takes the ordinary day of the novel and makes it extraordinary. - A Twitter adaption of “Ulysses” reveals the secret of Bloomsday
- Contemporary titan Jeffrey Morgenthaler added his own Cosmopolitan paean just last week. While men like these are embracing their love for a pink drink created by a woman (Miami’s Cheryl Cook, see sidebar), marketed to and popularized by women, ladies who cut their teeth on Cosmos have moved on to bourbon and single-malt Scotches. In a way, the historical irony is complete. - History, Sugar and Sex: Why Mixed Drinks Were Terrible for 30 Years
- It was a paean to startups, something Graham knew a bit about: His own company, Viaweb, had been acquired by Yahoo in 1998 for $49 million in stock. - Y Combinator Is Boot Camp for Startups
- For instance, though I liked the historical observations and the conclusions drawn from them in Drucker’s 1999 essay as much as anything I’ve read, his paean to the revolutionary effects of e-commerce reads so much like dot.com advertising it is almost embarrassing. - Are closed social networks inevitable? (2010)
Meaning of "paean" in English
- a formal expression of praise
- (ancient Greece) a hymn of praise (especially one sung in ancient Greece to invoke or thank a deity)
Meaning of "paean" in Hindi
- जय गान ( Jay gan, zay gan)
- जयगीत ( Jayagit, jayageet, zayagit)
Synonyms of "paean"
Discuss anything about the word paean below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.