How to use "pain" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "pain" in popular movie and book plots
- Eric touches Albrecht and receives from him the pain felt by Shelly during those hours. - The Crow (1994 film)
- Reuven comes to experience the pain of silence himself while the two young men are in college together. - The Chosen (Potok novel)
- She is given an MRI for more examination, then suddenly her pain stops and the skin changes disappear. - Prey (novel)
- The Maitlands' own caseworker, Juno, informs them that they must remain in the house for 125 years, on pain of a dire fate. - Beetlejuice
- John and Franny experience the pain and desire of being in love with each other. - The Hotel New Hampshire
- Later that evening, she doesn't turn up for dinner and says she's got a pain in her tummy which turns out to be appendicitis. - Malory Towers
- Clymene describes first hearing the music of Apollo, which she found beautiful to the point of pain (another Romantic idea). - Hyperion (poem)
- Despite the pain it causes him, Werther spends the next few months cultivating a close friendship with them both. - The Sorrows of Young Werther
- In terrible pain and about to talk, Moon is stabbed by Quincy, who is then killed by Cogburn. - True Grit (1969 film)
- So he convinces Miyagi to use a pain suppression technique so that he can continue. - The Karate Kid
- Sawyer exaggerates his pain in order to have Kris confined to Bellevue Hospital. - Miracle on 34th Street
- Rameses decrees that the Hebrews be given no straw to make their bricks, but to make the same tally as before on pain of death. - The Ten Commandments (1956 film)
- When Joe shouts in mock pain and pulls his hand out of the mouth, it appears to be missing, causing Ann to scream. - Roman Holiday
- He then suffers stomach pain and withdraws temporarily, leaving Marshal Ney in command. - Waterloo (1970 film)
- As a result, the Misses Steele are turned out of the house, and Edward is ordered to break off the engagement on pain of disinheritance. - Sense and Sensibility
- He watches the man die, in pain for hours. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "pain" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "pain" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "pain" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "pain"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word pain below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.