How to use "painting" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "painting" in popular movie and book plots
- His room is sparse and draped in subdued colors; its only decoration is a small painting of a woman on the beach, arm raised to block the sun. - Barton Fink
- A priceless Rembrandt painting is stolen from an office one night, and Gin is sent undercover to investigate Mac as the chief suspect. - Entrapment (film)
- They give Laura a painting and warn her that the "man behind the mask" is in her bedroom. - Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me
- She puts off painting and wallpaper, though she forms a definite idea for the little nursery. - Sleeping Murder
- Alice looks around the room and sees that a painting of an Owl has come to life. - Alice in Wonderland (1985 film)
- Back inside, when she sees a poster of the Marc Chagall painting La Mariée, Anna tells Will that "it feels like how love should be". - Notting Hill (film)
- At this time Jackson is usually drunk and makes a living by exhibiting a painting in occasional group art shows. - Pollock (film)
- The blackmailers vandalise Farr's property, painting "FARR IS QUEER" on his garage doors. - Victim (1961 film)
- In an attempt to console mrs Bronson, Norma shows her an oil painting of a waterfall cascading into a lush pond. - The Midnight Sun
- Charly also starts staring at Alice's bottom and breasts as well as drawing and painting abstract nude figures of her. - Charly
- He takes up painting and makes an attempt to patronize an émigré Russian artist of genius. - Anna Karenina
- Nora's innocent purchase of a painting for Nick's birthday present turns out to be the key to the mystery. - The Thin Man Goes Home
- A painting is mentioned depicting Wood presenting the Unification Treaty—he may be a political leader executing the ideas of Wei. - This Perfect Day
- mr De Pinna comes up from the basement carrying a painting that Penny had started of him as a discus thrower. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
- Spaulding, revered art collector Roscoe Chandler will unveil his recently acquired painting by famous fictional artist Beaugard. - Animal Crackers (1930 film)
- Although he has copied the same painting 20 times, he has never quite captured the look of the girl drinking a glass of water. - Amélie
Meaning of "painting" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "painting" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "painting" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "painting"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word painting below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.