How to use "particularly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "particularly" in popular movie and book plots
- Joe suffers further prejudice at the hands of a particularly nasty colonel, pulling extra duty and all the less attractive assignments. - Sayonara
- After a particularly brutal mission, Savage's iron will cracks. - Twelve O'Clock High
- Cécile, meanwhile, after a particularly rough night in Valmont's bed, miscarries his child. - Dangerous Liaisons
- Bert teaches him about winning, or more particularly about losing. - The Hustler (novel)
- In one particularly surreal moment, the two men swap positions, and thus the idea of which is a reflection of the other. - Duck Soup (1933 film)
- The exchanges between Odin and Loki are particularly vitriolic. - Lokasenna
- Richard wonders whether other people got off the island, particularly Unhygienix, whom he liked. - The Beach (novel)
- Amanda sympathizes with the woman, particularly noting the double standard that exists for men and women regarding adultery. - Adam's Rib
- Conway is particularly enchanted, especially when he meets Sondra (Jane Wyatt), who has grown up in Shangri-La. - Lost Horizon (1937 film)
- His radical theory is dismissed by most doctors, particularly his most vocal critic, Dr Charbonnet (Fritz Leiber, Sr). - The Story of Louis Pasteur
- Nearly everyone is captivated by Queenie, particularly notorious playboy Jacques "Jock" Warriner (Kenneth Thomson). - The Broadway Melody
- Together they storm the capital, where Pascal is subjected to a particularly gruesome death. - Viva Villa!
- He resents others for his impotence, particularly women. - The Wasp Factory
- The last planet scouted proves to be particularly deadly. - Time for the Stars
- Margo becomes increasingly distrustful and bitter, particularly after she catches Eve trying on one of the costumes for Aged in Wood. - All About Eve
- Just as the situation is becoming particularly heated, England declares war on Germany. - Death of a Hero
Meaning of "particularly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "particularly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "particularly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "particularly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word particularly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.