How to use "patient" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "patient" in popular movie and book plots
- Hal attempts to find Rosemary, but instead encounters a young patient named Cadence at the hospital where Rosemary volunteers. - Shallow Hal
- At this point Frank is slowly beginning to lose his mind - while tending to a suicidal junkie Frank manages to scare the patient away. - Bringing Out the Dead
- When recounting it, he explains to Fell that they are the nightmares of his brother Vincent, a former patient and murderer who is now dead. - The Ninth Configuration
- Earlier that day, he asked a patient of his to phone him at a specific time, as confirmed by the telegram. - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd
- Because of the media coverage of the case, both patient and doctor become part of the popular culture of their time. - Zelig
- Collis had established a clinic for cerebral palsy patients and Brown was his very first patient at this clinic. - My Left Foot (book)
- The patient tells Hana and Caravaggio that, in the late 1930s, he was exploring the desert of Libya. - The English Patient (film)
- While treating the animals on the island, Dolittle receives a surprise patient - the Great Pink Sea Snail, which has caught a severe cold. - Doctor Dolittle (film)
- Prior eventually regains his voice, but remains a difficult patient for Rivers avoiding any discussion of his war memories. - Regeneration (novel)
- The better a patient gets, the lower level she is able to achieve. - The Snake Pit
- The patient is in fact László de Almásy, a Hungarian Count and desert explorer, one of many members of a British cartography group. - The English Patient
- Crowe recognizes him as Vincent Grey, a former patient whom he treated as a child for hallucinations. - The Sixth Sense
- There he encounters Jeffrey Goines (Pitt), a mental patient with fanatical views. - 12 Monkeys
- Lecter, who considers this act "unspeakably ugly", calls Starling back and tells her to seek out an old patient of his. - The Silence of the Lambs (film)
- Higgins sees himself as a kindhearted, patient man who cannot get along with women ("I'm an Ordinary Man"). - My Fair Lady
- Disturbed by Alice's revelation, Bill is then called by the daughter of a patient who has just died. - Eyes Wide Shut
Meaning of "patient" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "patient" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "patient" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "patient"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word patient below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.