How to use "patois" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "patois" in popular movie and book plots
We couldn't find any sentences for the word patois. Help us improve by submitting an example sentence using the comment section at the bottom of this page.
Example sentences for "patois" in interesting articles
- There are various ethnic groups in Rajasthan, speaking Hindi or Rajasthani or, because they are similar, a patois of both. - Rainwater Harvesting to Replenish Underground Water in Rajasthan, India
- It included terms like “psycho-epistemology” and other doctrinal patois that modern philosophers favor to give even the most mundane claims a metaphysical sheen, yet it also addressed, rather nakedly, the self-help impulse that accounts, in large part, for Rand’s continued popularity.Happiness, Ghate explained, is the “moral purpose” of life, and the role of philosophy in that quest is to ensure that you are “fully thinking” about the views that inundate you on a daily basis. - Meeting Ayn Rand on the Las Vegas Strip
Meaning of "patois" in English
- a regional dialect of a language (especially French); usually considered substandard
- a characteristic language of a particular group (as among thieves)
Meaning of "patois" in Hindi
- बोली ( Boli, bolee)
- खास बोली ( Khas boli, khaas bolee)
- खास बोली
Synonyms of "patois"
Discuss anything about the word patois below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.