How to use "pay" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "pay" in popular movie and book plots
- A banker lends him money, telling him to pay it forward. - Between Planets
- Rocky reluctantly agrees to the match, which will pay him $150,000. - Rocky
- One summer day, Rat and Mole disembark near the grand Toad Hall and pay a visit to Toad. - The Wind in the Willows
- The Baron is desperate for money to pay his way out of the criminal group he had been working with. - Grand Hotel (1932 film)
- The executive overhears the song and decides to buy it, providing enough money to pay off the church mortgage. - Going My Way
- When living in Beverly Hills, Adele improvises from day to day, often unable to pay the bills. - Anywhere but Here (film)
- He leaves the party with a socialite (Brenda Vaccaro), who agrees to pay $20 for spending the night with him, but Joe cannot perform. - Midnight Cowboy
- Gordon has to pay the bill with all the money he had set aside for their jaunt and worries about having to borrow money from Rosemary. - Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- Griffin is running out of money and is trying to find a way to pay for his board and lodging. - The Invisible Man
- Despite the poor pay offered, he is able to find five gunmen, all doing it for their own reasons. - The Magnificent Seven
- He then leaves money on the doorstep to pay for his long-distance telephone call. - The Straight Story
- As she tries to pay her fare, Travis simply smiles at her, turns off the meter and drives off. - Taxi Driver
- Pickering wagers that Higgins cannot make good on his claim and volunteers to pay for Eliza's lessons. - My Fair Lady
- Front-de-Boeuf tries to wring a hefty ransom from Isaac of York; but Isaac refuses to pay unless his daughter is freed. - Ivanhoe
- Digby also promised £1,500 after Percy failed to pay the rent due for the properties he had taken in Westminster. - Gunpowder Plot
- Always wanting her to be happy and radiant, Frank gives Scarlett the money to pay the taxes. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "pay" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "pay" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "pay" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "pay"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word pay below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.