How to use "peace" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "peace" in popular movie and book plots
- He awkwardly makes peace with Les in a bar, and Les shows tentative support for Michael's attraction to Julie. - Tootsie
- For her, he replies, and her husband and son, and all the other decent people who want a chance to live in peace in the valley. - Shane (film)
- She takes a seat at Godfrey's table and attempts to negotiate a peace with him — but only on her terms. - My Man Godfrey
- A few years earlier, to show good faith as a result of peace talks, the Commonwealth ceded a key home world to the Magog. - Andromeda (TV series)
- She persuades him to take on one last big robbery so they can flee the country and live in peace and comfort. - Gun Crazy
- In New York, Pentangeli attempts to maintain Michael's façade by making peace with the Rosato family but they attempt to kill him. - The Godfather Part II
- Five thousand women gather at the palace singing a song of peace and pleading with the king to end the war. - Civilization (film)
- That was the real purpose of the lamasery: study, inner peace and long life were merely a side benefit to living there. - Lost Horizon
- By the mid 1950s, the Commission that had held the peace for so many years was unraveling. - Joseph Bonanno
- In 1801, Lockwood, a wealthy young man from the South of England who is seeking peace and recuperation, rents Thrushcross Grange in Yorkshire. - Wuthering Heights
- Wiseman, who reveals himself to be Fei's father, stops him, giving peace to Fei's other personalities. - Xenogears
- Alvin wants to make peace with Lyle and is emphatic that whatever happened ten years ago does not matter anymore. - The Straight Story
- They then managed to rescue Japan's moderate former prime minister Koga from his house arrest so that he could be used in later peace talks. - Debt of Honor
- As the plane descends, Max inexplicably becomes at peace when he accepts he is going to die. - Fearless (1993 film)
- The scene shifts to another group finding peace under the image of Jesus Christ. - The Birth of a Nation
- In the final chapter, he comments that peace is coming soon, but he does not see the future as bright and shining with hope. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "peace" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "peace" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "peace" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "peace"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word peace below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.