How to use "perhaps" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "perhaps" in popular movie and book plots
- She wonders why hangings are not done in public any more, as she perhaps preferred an audience. - Lord Edgware Dies
- Some flashes of imagery, perhaps indicative of memory, a hallucination, or even a mystical encounter, are then shown. - Voices of a Distant Star
- The story incorporates elements of the legendary origins of the Hope Diamond (or perhaps the Orloff Diamond or the Koh-i-Noor diamond). - The Moonstone
- Despite (or perhaps because of) their conflicting attitudes, the Professor and Thomas are billeted together by Satan. - Old Harry's Game
- In retribution Eliza spreads (and perhaps creates) scandalous rumours about Helen. - The Tenant of Wildfell Hall
- Harry reveals that his mother (Jeff's grandmother) was a lesbian, perhaps accounting for his accepting attitude toward Jeff. - The Sum of Us
- Some have god-like powers, or perhaps are gods — the names and aspects of various Egyptian Gods are used. - Creatures of Light and Darkness
- Theseus protests, saying that the two cities are friendly, and Oedipus responds with what is perhaps the most famous speech in the play. - Oedipus at Colonus
- They begin to wonder if perhaps other "incurable" members like themselves have escaped to these islands. - This Perfect Day
- The moniker "Mrs Brown", used both at the time and in the film, implied an improper, and perhaps sexual, relationship. - Mrs Brown
- Although Lucy "had alienated Windy Corner, perhaps for ever," the story ends with the promise of lifelong love for both her and George. - A Room with a View
- However, I should add that except for this conversation, I would perhaps not have thought it worthwhile to write this book. - The Razor's Edge
- Instead he banishes Moses to the desert, where Nefretiri will never know if he survives, or perhaps finds another love. - The Ten Commandments (1956 film)
- The resulting madness kept Gandalf from joining the battle and perhaps saving Théoden and keeping Éowyn and Merry from harm. - The Return of the King
- He relates the story of the burned woman to an apathetic Mildred and mentions perhaps quitting his work. - Fahrenheit 451
- Tisdall has never been there: perhaps the murderer has a connection to the hotel. - Young and Innocent
Meaning of "perhaps" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "perhaps" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "perhaps" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "perhaps"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word perhaps below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.