How to use "period" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "period" in popular movie and book plots
- The MP enjoys a brief period of sexual bliss, meeting Anna in various European cities and having sex with her in unlikely places. - Damage (Hart novel)
- As the first to "awaken", Leonard is also the first to demonstrate the limited duration of this period of "awakening". - Awakenings
- However, by the time period in which the series is set, the Earth and Moon seem to have settled into a new balance. - Thundarr the Barbarian
- Thisbe, after a brief period of mourning, stabs herself with the same sword. - Pyramus and Thisbe
- He endures a waiting period to obtain a quota number of up to eight years with other hopeful immigrants in the Esperanza Hotel. - Hold Back the Dawn
- His mind is critically damaged, however, and he has to stay in the hospital for an undefined period of time. - Shock Corridor
- The action covers a period of roughly four months—from August to November—around the time of Queen Victoria's Jubilee. - Liza of Lambeth
- Later at school, during her period game of tag, Harriet loses her notebook. - Harriet the Spy
- The novel is set in the period between late 1925 and late 1927. - Dodsworth (novel)
- Once the period of deep mourning ends, they will marry. - Emma (novel)
- Part One follows several different people over the same period of several days. - The Queen of the Damned
- One evening, Wilma visits Homer and tells him that her parents want her to leave Boone City for an extended period to try to forget him. - The Best Years of Our Lives
- During this period Forrest ends up meeting President Nixon and accidentally reveals the Watergate scandal. - Forrest Gump
- Over a period of few days the planet appears to consume the Moon. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- The vehicle is capable of time travel between any time period without first having to travel to the End of Time. - Chrono Trigger
- The five seasons of the series each correspond to one fictional sequential year in the period 2258–2262. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "period" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "period" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "period" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "period"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word period below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.