How to use "piece" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "piece" in popular movie and book plots
- When Margaret hears Charles is in Liverpool, trying one last time to piece together his lost years, she rushes there. - Random Harvest (film)
- However, Katherine is troubled by one piece of evidence. - Fury (1936 film)
- In 1903, rabbit hunters came across a lone piece of frilled calico at the rock, but the women were still never found. - Picnic at Hanging Rock (novel)
- Mason fights with Axel in the billiard room and avenges Felicia by jamming a piece of pool stick into Axel's neck, killing him. - Hard to Kill
- They hope to one day attain the dream of settling down on their own piece of land. - Of Mice and Men
- As he searches Valjean and Marius's pockets, he surreptitiously tears off a piece of Marius's coat so he can later find out his identity. - Les Misérables
- Violet Beauregarde impetuously grabs an experimental piece of gum and turns into a giant blueberry. - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
- Ironically, the last hole in the puzzle is in the shape of the letter X while the piece that he is holding is in the shape of the letter. - Life a User's Manual
- After keeping him contained for some time, they resolve to leave him on the first piece of land they come across, and continue as pirates. - Gulliver's Travels
- They resolve tomorrow to bring a more suitable piece of rope and, if Godot fails to arrive, to commit suicide at last. - Waiting for Godot
- MacReady explains his theory that every piece of the alien is an individual organism with its own survival instinct. - The Thing (1982 film)
- John finds a locket in a coffin which holds a piece of paper with verses from the Bible. - Moonfleet
- The Baker's Wife fools Rapunzel into letting down her hair by telling her that she is her prince and pulls out a piece of it. - Into the Woods
- The last piece of evidence offered was a conversation between Fawkes and Wintour, who had been kept in adjacent cells. - Guy Fawkes
- Montag obeys the chief, destroying the home piece by piece with a flamethrower. - Fahrenheit 451
- At the club, Jeffrey spots Frank in the audience fondling a piece of blue velvet fabric he cut from Dorothy's robe. - Blue Velvet (film)
Meaning of "piece" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "piece" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "piece" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "piece"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word piece below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.