How to use "place" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "place" in popular movie and book plots
- Quake II takes place in a science fiction environment. - Quake II
- They rush back to Earth to place him into half-life, but they cannot establish contact with him and his body is set to be buried. - Ubik
- The supposed reward is soon revealed to be a punishment, as the servants place her in a cauldron with liquid gold. - Orgy of the Dead
- A number of episodes were also experimental in that they took place entirely in one setting. - One Foot in the Grave
- The police, having learned of the place from Pete, arrest the group. - O Brother, Where Art Thou?
- The action takes place in two periods — World War II and the late 1990s, during the Internet boom and Asian financial crisis. - Cryptonomicon
- In time, he is paroled from the institution, and he is sent to a place 'for a little gentle treatment'. - Leaf by Niggle
- A Song of Ice and Fire takes place in a fictional world in which seasons last for years and end unpredictably. - A Song of Ice and Fire
- After Shindo and his men leave the island, M-11 teleports the dinosaur from Lagos Island to a place in the Bering Strait. - Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- Sakurai and Kinsaburo place Kong on a large raft and begin to transport him back to Japan. - King Kong vs. Godzilla
- leads them to a quarry where the two men place K's head on a discarded block. - The Trial
- Diablo II takes place after the end of the previous game, Diablo, in the world of Sanctuary. - Diablo II
- He leapt from his hiding place and attacked the beast, which took the form of Millarca. - Carmilla
- Robbins and Janet argue, and Janet states that she is going to Lake Marsh to personally investigate the place and leaves the station. - Bride of the Monster
- However, owing to project delays, groundbreaking took place in March 1985, almost two years late. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
- Jeffrey wakes the next day at the same place and walks home, overcome with guilt and despair. - Blue Velvet (film)
Meaning of "place" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "place" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "place" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "place"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word place below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.