How to use "point" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "point" in popular movie and book plots
- Their romance progresses to the point of marriage when, despite his qualms, for love of Louise Alfred agrees to obey the Queen. - The Love Parade
- Overton at this point intervenes and pays Ellen a stipend, and she happily leaves with another for America. - The Way of All Flesh
- At that point Dan finds that Ricky has been awakened from cold sleep and left Los Angeles for Brawley, California. - The Door into Summer
- But the capital must also be conquered lest it serve as a rallying point for loyalists. - If This Goes On—
- Frank sits with him and considers his life up to this point and whether he should leave the island. - The Wasp Factory
- The name Lowood symbolizes the "low" point in Jane's life where she was maltreated. - Jane Eyre
- She leaves her father and returns to the chamber, where time is slowly running backwards from the point where Powell killed West. - Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
- Reaching California, they find the state oversupplied with labor, so wages are low, and workers are exploited to the point of starvation. - The Grapes of Wrath
- Some Delta children who enter the ward for "death-conditioning" irritate John to the point where he attacks one physically. - Brave New World
- The penultimate chapter (chapter twelve) is the last one set in Anarres, and ends at a point before the first chapter begins. - The Dispossessed
- At this point Nick becomes determined to escape. - The Shockwave Rider
- These details are unveiled around the middle of the series, but this is the point where the story of Serial Experiments Lain begins. - Serial Experiments Lain
- Mattie looks for Urquhart at the point when it seems his victory is certain. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- At some point during Northumberland's command in the Low Countries, Percy became his agent in his communications with James. - Gunpowder Plot
- The Night's Watch story is told primarily through the point of view of Jon Snow, the bastard son of Eddard Stark. - A Song of Ice and Fire
- At the end of the book there is a poem written from the point of view of a veteran comparing World War I to the Trojan War. - Death of a Hero
Meaning of "point" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "point" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "point" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "point"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word point below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.