How to use "political" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "political" in popular movie and book plots
- They marry, but Mr Lewisham is forced to abandon his plans for a brilliant scientific career followed by a political ascent. - Love and Mr Lewisham
- Dion makes a deal to support Warren's political career and carve up business in the town. - In Old Chicago
- The Emperor of the Galactic Empire learns of this and wants to use Seldon for political gain. - Prelude to Foundation
- To solve the tougher financial problems, Harriman exploits commercial and political rivalries. - The Man Who Sold the Moon
- Tom Reagan is the advisor and right-hand man for Leo O'Bannon, an Irish mobster and political boss who runs an unspecifiedS. - Miller's Crossing
- Most inhabitants (called "Loonies") are criminals, political exiles, or descendants thereof. - The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress
- His arrival on Earth has prompted a political power struggle that puts his life in danger. - Stranger in a Strange Land
- Bonforte has been kidnapped by his political opponents, and his aides want Smith to impersonate Bonforte while they try to find him. - Double Star
- Clark has been kidnapped by members of a political faction opposed to Tom. - Podkayne of Mars
- Wolsey begs the King to abandon the idea because of the political consequences of divorcing Catherine. - Anne of the Thousand Days
- For example, which end of an egg a person cracks becomes the basis of a deep political rift within that nation. - Gulliver's Travels
- However, Kwan takes a liking to Hamilton and arranges interviews for him with key political figures. - The Year of Living Dangerously (film)
- The first part is the diary of an engineer caught up in a failed Martian political revolution in 2248. - Icehenge
- However, Collingridge – citing Harold Macmillan's political demise after the 1962 Night of the Long Knives – effects no changes at all. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- Both his wife and his political opponent discover the affair and the public scandal ends his political career. - Citizen Kane
- This triggers a war of independence on Mars, which had long had a strained political relationship with Earth. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "political" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "political" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "political" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "political"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word political below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.