How to use "poor" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "poor" in popular movie and book plots
- As a poor liar, Ann is suspicious and confronts Steele, who admits the truth. - Dark Victory
- While they live in opulence, the destitute and dirt poor live nearby in crowded, filthy tenements. - Dead End (1937 film)
- Kim (Kimball O'Hara) is the orphaned son of an Irish soldier and a poor Irish mother who have both died in poverty. - Kim (novel)
- Judas angrily insists that the money used to obtain the oil should have been used to help the poor instead. - Jesus Christ Superstar
- Bonforte is rescued, but he is in poor health due to the treatment inflicted on him during his imprisonment. - Double Star
- The desperately poor villagers crowd around her hotel, impatiently waiting for her demise so they can steal her belongings. - Zorba the Greek (film)
- Once revealed, Chandler notices the poor quality and realizes someone has stolen his painting and replaces it with a cheap imitation. - Animal Crackers (1930 film)
- Nicholson conducts an inspection and is shocked by the poor job being done by his men. - The Bridge on the River Kwai
- His research reveals that when there is a poor harvest, the islanders make a human sacrifice to ensure that the next will be bountiful. - The Wicker Man
- She tells a moving story of growing up poor and losing her young husband in World War II. - All About Eve
- They conclude that Oswald was too poor a marksman to make the shots, indicating someone else, or multiple marksmen, were involved. - JFK (film)
- A poor village in Mexico is periodically raided for food and supplies by Calvera (Eli Wallach) and his bandits. - The Magnificent Seven
- His father, a middle-class man from England's countryside, marries a poor woman who falsely believes she is marrying into a monied family. - Death of a Hero
- Nobita is a young boy who suffers from poor grades and frequent bullying. - Doraemon
- Due to poor visibility, Janet drives her car off the road and into a ravine. - Bride of the Monster
- A happy ending prevails for all – except for poor Senex, stuck with his shrewish wife Domina. - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
Meaning of "poor" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "poor" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "poor" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "poor"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word poor below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.