How to use "popular" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "popular" in popular movie and book plots
- Sergeant Jack Vincennes is a narcotics detective who moonlights as a technical advisor on Badge of Honor, a popular TV police drama series. - L.A. Confidential (film)
- Despite being popular with the townsfolk, Gaston is determined to marry Belle but she repeatedly rejects his advances. - Beauty and the Beast (1991 film)
- The Toxic Avenger returns to the health club, attacks popular girl Wanda in a sauna and burns her rear side on the heater. - The Toxic Avenger (film)
- Tom (Albert Finney) grows up to be a lively young man whose good looks and kind heart make him very popular with the opposite sex. - Tom Jones (1963 film)
- At the same time, Sarah becomes attracted to the popular Chris. - The Craft (film)
- Learning that the show is popular in the Aurora area, television producer Benjamin Oliver offers to buy the rights for $10,000. - Wayne's World (film)
- Plot: One of the most popular versions of Cinderella was written in French by Charles Perrault in 1697, under the name Cendrillon. - Cinderella
- John Sullivan (Joel McCrea) is a popular young Hollywood director of profitable but shallow comedies (eg. - Sullivan's Travels
- She thus becomes CEO of the Island project, which turns out to be a highly popular tourist attraction. - England, England
- Hitler knew it would cause a major scandal on the home front to have the popular Rommel publicly branded as a traitor. - 20 July plot
- One is the pastor of a popular church, another is a successful computer consultant. - The Shockwave Rider
- At the ball, Mr Bingley is open and cheerful, popular with all the guests, and appears to be very attracted to the beautiful Miss Bennet. - Pride and Prejudice
- Though they are the most popular students, the Heathers are both feared and hated. - Heathers
- Brad, popular and athletic, was often the moving factor, who engaged before thinking, a tendency which regularly landed him in trouble. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- Elin is outgoing and popular but finds her life unsatisfying and dull. - Show Me Love (film)
- She is a carefree popular girl whose main concerns are shopping and spending time with her rich, snooty friends and her boyfriend, Jeffrey. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
Meaning of "popular" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "popular" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "popular" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "popular"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word popular below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.