How to use "private" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "private" in popular movie and book plots
- Jaffa calls Hassan from a private jet, telling him he is free and on his way to Algeria, but Hassan will not be swayed from his plan. - Executive Decision
- Seeing this, Terry barges into Powell's private office and berates him for his callousness. - Stage Door
- But Egbert forgets to arrange for private detectives to "catch" the couple. - The Gay Divorcee
- mr Dalton has called a private detective, mr Britten. - Native Son
- In 1928, Samuel "Sam" Spade is a private detective in San Francisco, in partnership with Miles Archer. - The Maltese Falcon (novel)
- He then turns over command to the senior unwounded general, and leads a squad invading the Prophet's private quarters. - If This Goes On—
- Frightened and confused, he flees, unsuccessfully pursued by a private security guard. - Flow My Tears, the Policeman Said
- He then demotes Galovitch to private and puts him in charge of the latrine. - From Here to Eternity
- He reveals this in a private meeting with Gerasimov, forcing the KGB chairman's hand. - The Cardinal of the Kremlin
- The woman is married to the son of a doctor, the proprietor of a private sanatorium, where she is under unwilling treatment. - Scared to Death
- A private investigator named Arbogast approaches them and confirms that Marion is wanted for stealing the $40,000 from her employer. - Psycho (1960 film)
- " He throws a disturbed private (Fred Bell) out of the regiment for showing signs of shell shock, which Mireau considers simple cowardice. - Paths of Glory
- The pilgrims carry Kurtz to the steamer and lay him in one of the cabins, where he and the manager have a private conversation. - Heart of Darkness
- The French ambassadors, whose private galleries overlooked the tennis court, were witness to the display. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- Thompson goes to the private archive of the late banker Walter Parks Thatcher. - Citizen Kane
- He orders Lobo to transport the captive to Votnoff's private quarters. - Bride of the Monster
Meaning of "private" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "private" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "private" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "private"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word private below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.