How to use "prove" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "prove" in popular movie and book plots
- To prove his worthiness (or rather unworthiness), he begins to tell the story of his dissolute life. - Heaven Can Wait (1943 film)
- Trying to prove herself, Tess once again tries to cook breakfast, only to fail because she knows nothing of cooking. - Woman of the Year
- If Beppo can prove himself within a year, Trudo agrees to allow him to marry Annette. - The Italian (1915 film)
- In Rossini's opera "La Cenerentola" ("Cinderella"), the slipper is replaced by twin bracelets to prove her identity. - Cinderella
- But first, Fairbanks appears as the "Black Pirate", who offers to join their company and fight their best man to prove his worth. - The Black Pirate
- However the enemy forces prove too strong and Durathror is mortally wounded. - The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
- Chick insists they search for Dracula and the Monster to prove to Wilbur that they do not really exist. - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
- In town she agrees to prove her skills as a laundress when a woman's dress is accidentally spattered with mud. - In Old Chicago
- To impress him, she tries to prove her literacy by reading aloud from a book and by writing "The Cops Are Here" on a sheet of paper. - Les Misérables
- He also tells Banky that he realizes that Banky is in love with him—kissing him passionately to prove the point. - Chasing Amy
- General Short's anti-sabotage precautions prove a disastrous mistake that allows the Japanese aerial forces to destroy theS. - Tora! Tora! Tora!
- After an assassination attempt on Leo, Tom reveals his affair with Verna to Leo to prove that she is dishonest. - Miller's Crossing
- When Earthly humans prove incapable of similar domestication, they are expelled from the planet. - Methuselah's Children
- Podkayne suspects the reason behind her brother's behavior, but cannot prove it. - Podkayne of Mars
- He confesses to Adrian that he does not expect to win, but is content to go the distance against Creed and prove himself to everyone. - Rocky
- The Arabs set up a council to administer the city but the desert tribesmen prove ill-suited for such a task. - Lawrence of Arabia (film)
Meaning of "prove" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "prove" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "prove" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "prove"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word prove below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.