How to use "quite" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "quite" in popular movie and book plots
- Hal tries to show Millie a dance he learned in LA to the song, Moonglow, but Millie cannot quite get the beat. - Picnic (1955 film)
- Regardless, all in all, Hatton was quite capable of his new job and was off to a good start cleaning up the town. - Dodge City (film)
- While there he learns that Antonia has already written to Alexander about the divorce, leaving Alexander quite shaken. - A Severed Head
- As for Dantès, his fate is quite different from his model in Peuchet's book, since the latter is murdered by the "Caderousse" of the plot. - The Count of Monte Cristo
- Although Manheim is quite open about his feelings for Kit, she makes it clear she prefers Sammy, especially in bed. - What Makes Sammy Run?
- On reading this, Valmont resolves to seduce Cécile after all, as revenge for her mother's quite accurate denunciation of him. - Dangerous Liaisons
- The former is quite open to people they meet on their journey and accepting of help while the latter is more hostile and suspicious. - Easy Rider
- Paul and Penny's other daughter Alice Sycamore is quite obviously the only "normal" family member. - You Can't Take It with You (play)
- Anne is highly imaginative, eager to please and quite dramatic at times. - Anne of Green Gables
- Note that certain parts of the Julia set are quite difficult to access with the reverse Julia algorithm. - Julia set
- The author took pity on him and has provided a quite improbable epilogue". - The Last Laugh
- Lexie is embarrassed to admit "Ernie" is an exterminator and does not have quite the physical attributes she's gone for in the past. - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- Although he has copied the same painting 20 times, he has never quite captured the look of the girl drinking a glass of water. - Amélie
- Alvin replies that "neither one of us has had a brother for quite some time". - The Straight Story
- But most of these "new" discoveries are actually quite old, to which he refers to as "the signs of the ages". - Glen or Glenda
- However, the Englishman's troubles are not quite over, as he is dragged away by an unseen force and rendered unconscious. - Dracula
Meaning of "quite" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "quite" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "quite" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "quite"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word quite below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.