How to use "recent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "recent" in popular movie and book plots
- Reflecting on his recent incarceration, Dream is visited by his sister Death. - The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes
- Maroon, head of Maroon Cartoon Studios, is concerned about the recent poor acting performances of one of his biggest stars, Roger Rabbit. - Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- The atmosphere is subdued due to recent incidents of cattle-rustling. - The Ox-Bow Incident
- He elicits sympathy by posing as the fiancé of a young woman at the college who died in a recent kiln explosion. - Animal House
- Finally, they visit a now-married Belle with her large, happy family on a recent Christmas Eve. - A Christmas Carol
- The farmers threaten all of them with guns as they believe that the beach dwellers invited the recent arrivals. - The Beach (novel)
- The recent turn of events informs the couple that both an affair and a future together are impossible. - Brief Encounter
- Someone else has been committing the more recent murders and making it look like Maynard's work. - The Glimmer Man
- The four warriors eventually arrive at the Crystal Tower where they discover that the Cloud of Darkness is the source of the recent events. - Final Fantasy III
- Placing a second call to the local infirmary, Gerald determines that no recent cases of suicide have been reported. - An Inspector Calls
- Adding to its problems is the recent death of the king, whose heir is only an infant. - Final Fantasy Tactics
- He recognizes her potential to be the strongest Weyrwoman in recent history, and the path to his own leadership at Benden Weyr. - Dragonflight
- The photograph of the most recent celebration is suspiciously missing; the landlord (Lindsay Kemp) tells him it was broken. - The Wicker Man
- The inclusion of martial arts as a feature of "jianghu" was a recent development in the early 20th century. - Wuxia
- He adds that Gregor's recent performance has been unsatisfactory. - The Metamorphosis
- She rebuts him, telling him of a recent fantasy she had about a naval officer they had encountered on a vacation. - Eyes Wide Shut
Meaning of "recent" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "recent" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "recent" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "recent"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word recent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.