How to use "rest" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "rest" in popular movie and book plots
- lt Dan invests the money in Apple and they are financially secure for the rest of their lives. - Forrest Gump
- Richard collects the wounded Rachel and escapes in Sherudo's chopper just as the rest of the castle goes up in flames. - Time Crisis (video game)
- For the rest of the series, Kozue is mistakenly perceived as being Godai's girlfriend (by Kozue herself as well). - Maison Ikkoku
- Floyd has difficulty convincing the rest of the crew at first, but then the monolith vanishes from orbit. - 2010: Odyssey Two
- A local motorist offers Alvin a ride the rest of the way to Lyle's, but Alvin declines, stating that he prefers to travel his own way. - The Straight Story
- Keli lives, but finds that the rest of the world no longer acknowledges her existence. - Mort
- Fewer than ten percent of the recruits finish basic training; the rest resign, are expelled, or die in training. - Starship Troopers
- Her boss asks her to deposit the money in the bank, and she asks if she can take the rest of the afternoon off. - Psycho (1960 film)
- Elzevir is bent on vengeance for his son by killing Maskew, and while the rest land the cargo and leave, he and John keep watch over Maskew. - Moonfleet
- It is implied that he will live the rest of his natural life in his condition. - Johnny Got His Gun
- Jim plans to make his way to the town of Cairo in Illinois, a free state, so that he can later buy the rest of his enslaved family's freedom. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- "Let my body rest in death forever, in the things I cannot wear in life". - Glen or Glenda
- One of the boarders spots Gregor, and the rest become alarmed. - The Metamorphosis
- The new men, including Werner, are often mocked by the rest of the crew, who share a tight bond. - Das Boot
- They soon escape and, after tranquillising Branden, Batman dodges as the rest open fire, barely managing to survive after two bullet wounds. - Batman: Year One
- The BOC would make initial payment of $60 million, with the rest payable over 13 years at 6% interest. - Bank of China Tower (Hong Kong)
Meaning of "rest" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "rest" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "rest" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "rest"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word rest below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.