How to use "riposte" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "riposte" in popular movie and book plots
We couldn't find any sentences for the word riposte. Help us improve by submitting an example sentence using the comment section at the bottom of this page.
Example sentences for "riposte" in interesting articles
- Such a riposte was floated in a semi-official strategy document called “Nonalignment 2.0”, promoted last year by some former national security advisers and blessed by the current one, Shivshankar Menon. - India as a great power
- "This is a bastardization of the bagel," he wrote, "which should be stamped out." Wouk's riposte is a good example of why arguments sometimes intensify into bitter feuds known as flame wars, after the tendency of one character in Marvel Comics' Fantastic Four to burst into flames ("Flame on!" he shouts) when he is angry. - How The Post covered the ‘grand social experiment’ of the Internet in 1988
Meaning of "riposte" in English
- (fencing) a counterattack made immediately after successfully parrying the opponents lunge
- a quick reply to a question or remark (especially a witty or critical one)
- answer back
- make a return thrust
Meaning of "riposte" in Hindi
- प्रत्युत्तर ( Pratyuttar)
- प्रत्युत्तर देना ( Pratyuttar dena, pratyuttar denaa)
Synonyms of "riposte"
- come back
Discuss anything about the word riposte below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.