How to use "rise" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "rise" in popular movie and book plots
- However, his suspicions rise again when a meal is brought in, and he demands that Pip taste it first to prove that it is not poisoned. - A Nice Place to Visit
- She tells him that he will not be defeated unless the very trees of Spider's Web forest rise against the castle. - Throne of Blood
- Eventually, he leaves their Nottinghamshire home for a job in London, where he begins to rise up into the middle class. - Sons and Lovers
- Three priests are present, and they reflect on the absence of Becket and the rise of temporal power. - Murder in the Cathedral
- There, still preoccupied with Sammy Glick's rise to stardom, he investigates Sammy's past. - What Makes Sammy Run?
- Shane doesn't rise to the bait, and leaves to the taunts of Ryker's men. - Shane (film)
- On Moya, tensions rise over D’Argo's breakup with Chiana, Jool's grating personality, and Crichton's increasing obsession with wormholes. - Farscape
- With Lonnegan and Snyder safely away, Hooker and Gondorff rise amid cheers and laughter. - The Sting
- Delita joins Prince Goltana's forces to rise up through the ranks and gain control over his own destiny. - Final Fantasy Tactics
- Finding the false Maria urging the workers to rise up and destroy the machines, Freder accuses her of not being the real Maria. - Metropolis (1927 film)
- Meanwhile, Sam manages to rise to the position of master-at-arms. - Starman Jones
- Control rods are inserted to stop the reactor, but without coolant the reactor temperature continues to rise rapidly. - K-19: The Widowmaker
- As tensions rise between theS. - The Hunt for Red October
- Later on in the story, Kimiko's outburst on a radio talk show causes her to suddenly rise to idol status. - Megatokyo
- Her rise to power is aided by the historic birth of three dragons, hatched from eggs given to her as wedding gifts. - A Song of Ice and Fire
- Yamane reveals his belief that if nuclear weapons testing continues, another Godzilla may rise in the future. - Godzilla (1954 film)
Meaning of "rise" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "rise" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "rise" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "rise"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word rise below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.