How to use "risk" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "risk" in popular movie and book plots
- Adrian confronts Rocky about the danger of returning to boxing and reminds him of the risk to his eyesight. - Rocky II
- He calls up Pip and asks for a challenge in which he might run the risk of losing. - A Nice Place to Visit
- Cromwell, the architect of the alliance, knows he is doomed and warns Anne, who plans an exit from the marriage rather than risk a worse fate. - The Six Wives of Henry VIII (BBC TV series)
- Unwilling to risk heartbreak once again, she asks him to leave before anything serious happens. - Morocco (film)
- The scientists decide to risk it, unaware that the amphibious "Gill-man" that killed Carl's assistants earlier has been watching them. - Creature from the Black Lagoon
- At the risk of missing his flight out of Vienna, Martins waits in the cemetery to speak to Anna. - The Third Man
- The fad gains an additional aspect of risk when users begin disappearing into thin air, in cases of increasing profile and witnessing. - The Stardroppers
- With Napoleon seemingly invincible, Nathan determines to risk all in support of the allies. - The House of Rothschild
- Unfortunately, his business partners prevented him from taking the early flights because they could not risk the public face of their company. - Requiem (short story)
- Donovan mortally wounds Henry in order to force Indy to risk his life in the traps to find the Grail and use its healing power to save Henry. - Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Initially dismissive, McCauley decides to risk his freedom for revenge. - Heat (1995 film)
- Though a valid, Irene has a higher risk of heart failure that will prevent her from joining any deep space Gattaca mission. - Gattaca
- The Joads later leave the orchard for a cotton farm, where Tom is at risk of being arrested for the homicide. - The Grapes of Wrath
- The show's board of directors plan to run a short 10 week season rather than risk losing $25,000 a day in a shaky post-war economy. - The Greatest Show on Earth (film)
- Also, without an heir, the Tudor line would end; the risk of civil war between rival claimants was a possibility if Elizabeth died childless. - House of Tudor
- The camp enacts safety measures designed to reduce risk of assimilation. - The Thing (1982 film)
Meaning of "risk" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "risk" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "risk" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "risk"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word risk below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.