How to use "road" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "road" in popular movie and book plots
- Book smiles, drives away in his now-fixed car, and exchanges a wave of farewell to Hochleitner along the road out. - Witness (1985 film)
- Kukuanaland's capital is Loo, the destination of a magnificent road from ancient times. - King Solomon's Mines
- On the road to Odense, Hans meets Peter and renews their friendship. - Hans Christian Andersen (film)
- To take their minds off this action, Otter, Boon, Flounder, and Pinto go on a road trip. - Animal House
- He speeds recklessly in a powerful convertible (a 1936 Lagonda LG45) on a dangerous road beside a cliff. - Suspicion (1941 film)
- In the final scene, they walk down a road at dawn, towards an uncertain but hopeful future. - Modern Times (film)
- Duane and Sonny go on a weekend road trip to Mexico, an event that happens off-screen. - The Last Picture Show
- The next day the narrator sees him crawling along the road in the noon sun, with his hat off and gone mad. - The Man Who Would Be King
- A friendly woman passing by in a pickup truck stops to explain where each road leads. - Cast Away
- Traveling west on Route 66, the Joad family find the road crowded with other migrants. - The Grapes of Wrath
- McCoy asks another man along the road about Sedalia, and the man indicates that Sedalia and Windsor no longer exist. - The Day After
- The driver flees, and Sally escapes in the back of a passing pickup truck as Leatherface dances maniacally in the road with his chainsaw. - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- During the trip, she pulls over on the side of the road and falls asleep, only to be awakened by a state patrol officer. - Psycho (1960 film)
- The conversation ends when Bob accidentally drives the car off the road and over a cliff. - Orgy of the Dead
- A dark-haired woman is the sole survivor of a car accident on Mulholland Drive, a winding road high in the Hollywood Hills. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- Due to poor visibility, Janet drives her car off the road and into a ravine. - Bride of the Monster
Meaning of "road" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "road" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "road" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "road"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word road below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.