How to use "sell" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "sell" in popular movie and book plots
- Strannix intends to sell the ship's Tomahawks by unloading them onto a submarine he previously stole from North Korea. - Under Siege
- He is forced to sell what little progress he has made to an alien mechanic as payment for repairs on the Farscape module. - Farscape
- Before he was sentenced to life, Andy managed to sell off his assets and invest the proceeds under a pseudonym. - Rita Hayworth and Shawshank Redemption
- She wants him to sell his farm—which has not done well recently—to join her in the city. - Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans
- The prospectors soon decide to leave the mine and head to Durango to sell the gold that they have mined. - The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
- One skeptic offers to sell "all of my interest in the Moon. - The Man Who Sold the Moon
- Ugarte plans to sell them at the club that night, and asks Rick to hold them. - Casablanca (film)
- The droids are captured by Jawa traders, who sell them to moisture farmers Owen and Beru Lars and their nephew Luke Skywalker. - Star Wars (film)
- Luc was planning to sell the necklace at Cartier, but agrees to Kate's "new plan" to have her sell the necklace, as that would be safer. - French Kiss (1995 film)
- McCauley's fence, Nate, suggests he sell the stolen bonds back to their original owner, money launderer Roger Van Zant. - Heat (1995 film)
- Javier's partner Sanchez attempts to sell the information of Salazar's true affiliation to the DEA but is killed for his betrayal. - Traffic (2000 film)
- Pozzo ignores this and explains his intention to sell Lucky, who begins to cry. - Waiting for Godot
- Julie allows all to water their cattle and refuses to sell or lease the Big Muddy to either side, so as to keep the fragile peace. - The Big Country
- Meanwhile, Emily's second husband tries to sell her pot designs toP. - The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
- Jim has also run away after he overheard Miss Watson planning to sell him "down the river" to presumably more brutal owners. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- After the stock market crash in 1929, Kane is forced to sell controlling interest of his newspaper empire to Thatcher. - Citizen Kane
Meaning of "sell" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "sell" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "sell" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "sell"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word sell below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.