How to use "serious" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "serious" in popular movie and book plots
- At the cabin, Gaear—oblivious to Carl's serious gunshot wound—informs Carl that he killed Jean after she "started shrieking". - Fargo (film)
- It soon turns serious though, as Drago starts to retaliate with devastating effect. - Rocky IV
- The auction becomes much more serious when Laurey's basket comes up for auction. - Oklahoma!
- Her mother is only interested in her social life and her father has serious financial problem and is even contemplating suicide. - The Poor Little Rich Girl
- Unwilling to risk heartbreak once again, she asks him to leave before anything serious happens. - Morocco (film)
- Judge Hardy’s wife, Emily (Fay Holden), receives a telegram that evening informing her that her mother had a serious stroke. - Love Finds Andy Hardy
- He also says he couldn't be serious about staying with her and fulfilling his marriage vows because his job keeps him at sea. - The Docks of New York
- Back home in the USA, Mr Thurlow, Carrie's rich father, has two serious heart attacks in a row so that Carrie books the first flight home. - Thinks ...
- This she successfully manages to do but not without serious complications owing to her tendency to righteous meddling. - The Ladykillers
- Frederic doesn't want a serious relationship, but his feelings for Catherine slowly start to grow. - A Farewell to Arms
- The trip is fraught with problems as trivial as an annoying roommate and as serious as mutiny. - Time for the Stars
- Sofia fights back, however, inflicting serious injuries on Harpo. - The Color Purple
- Prewitt tracks Judson down and kills him with the same switchblade Judson pulled on Maggio earlier, but sustains a serious stomach wound. - From Here to Eternity
- Jane visits Miss Bingley and is caught in a rain shower on the way, catching a serious cold. - Pride and Prejudice
- However, Tim can sometimes be serious when necessary. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- Authorities, including the Prefect, are slow to accept that the situation is serious and quibble over the appropriate action to take. - The Plague
Meaning of "serious" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "serious" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "serious" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "serious"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word serious below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.