How to use "short" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "short" in popular movie and book plots
- In short order, every message coming to and from Chartley Hall was intercepted and read by Walsingham. - Babington Plot
- In addition to the main narrative, the book contains several independent short stories featuring Rat and Mole. - The Wind in the Willows
- A short time later he draws a face in the bloody hand print on the ball, names it Wilson, and begins talking to it. - Cast Away
- A short time later in Jerusalem, General Allenby urges him to support the "big push" on Damascus. - Lawrence of Arabia (film)
- Harpo and Sofia have five more children in short order. - The Color Purple
- The travel begins with a short preamble in which Lemuel Gulliver gives a brief outline of his life and history before his voyages. - Gulliver's Travels
- A short time later, the misunderstanding is cleared up—the actual robber (James Strand) was caught three days earlier in Edinburgh. - Around the World in Eighty Days
- Caught by guards, he is imprisoned for a short time but is set free by Cadsuane and the other Aes Sedai. - Winter's Heart
- The show's board of directors plan to run a short 10 week season rather than risk losing $25,000 a day in a shaky post-war economy. - The Greatest Show on Earth (film)
- Edward Ferrars pays a short visit to Barton Cottage but seems unhappy. - Sense and Sensibility
- A short while later, the "manager's boy" announces to the rest of the crew, in a scathing tone, "Mistah Kurtz—he dead" (Conrad 117). - Heart of Darkness
- Fawkes left the country for a short time. - Gunpowder Plot
- He soon emerges and makes short work of the JSDF stationed there. - The Return of Godzilla
- Elizabeth characteristically delayed in acting on the matter and he was detained under house arrest for a short time. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- A short note is located at the end of the final chapter written 7 years after the events outlined in the novel. - Dracula
- An alliance led by Babylon 5 frees Earth from totalitarian rule by president Clark in a short but bloody war. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "short" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "short" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "short" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "short"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word short below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.