How to use "shoulder" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "shoulder" in popular movie and book plots
- Garcia is wounded in the shoulder by Bernal's shotgun, but Keyes manages to track them down and kills Bernal with a pistol shot. - Tourist Season (novel)
- Ridley becomes enraged at Damodar and attacks him, but Damodar disarms him and stabs him in the left shoulder with his own sword. - Dungeons & Dragons (film)
- Widower Anthony Morton "Tony" Micelli is a former second baseman for the st Louis Cardinals who was forced to retire due to a shoulder injury. - Who's the Boss?
- Michael hears a story that human shoulder blades are a vestige of angel wings. - Skellig
- With a shoulder bag and a heart tattooed on her left shoulder, Charity meets her boyfriend Charlie in Central Park. - Sweet Charity
- She is shot in the shoulder by an assassin named Noel Dichter (Kris Lemche) with an organic pistol, which is undetectable by security. - Existenz
- Shortly after Cathy gives birth to twin boys, she shoots Adam in the shoulder and flees. - East of Eden (novel)
- They approach him, tap him on the shoulder and try talking to him, but realize he is nothing more than a statue. - Elegy (The Twilight Zone)
- McClane shoots Gruber in the shoulder and then kills Eddie with his final shot. - Die Hard
- The road to it, however, is only a single highway linking the various key bridges - trucks and tanks have to squeeze to the shoulder to pass. - A Bridge Too Far (film)
- After shaking Messiter's hand, he discreetly squeezes Laura on the shoulder and leaves. - Brief Encounter
- He lifts her over his shoulder and carries her offstage while she pummels his shoulder with her fists ("Kiss Me Kate"). - Kiss Me, Kate
- As they prepare to land, Dutch realizes that his shoulder injury from the B-36 crash was worse than he thought, and it is almost immobile. - Strategic Air Command (film)
- He was no longer able to shoulder his responsibility as Earth's lone protector from Lunar-launched nuclear offensives. - Time Out of Joint
- Thomas Wintour was hit in the shoulder while crossing the courtyard. - Gunpowder Plot
- One of the men holds his shoulder and pulls him up and the other man stabs him in the heart and twists the knife twice. - The Trial
Meaning of "shoulder" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "shoulder" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "shoulder" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "shoulder"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word shoulder below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.