How to use "simply" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "simply" in popular movie and book plots
- The other heroes are surprised by this and Kal-L simply explains that he had stopped aging when he reached the peak of his powers. - Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Atticus eventually accepts the sheriff's story that Ewell simply fell on his own knife. - To Kill a Mockingbird
- The residents of the new warren are simply using Hazel and the others to increase their own odds of survival. - Watership Down
- Initially, his owner had abandoned him in Maine and driven back to Massachusetts, simply because he didn't want to pay for the dog's license. - Gerald's Game
- After three failed attempts at drawing a sheep, the frustrated narrator simply draws a box, claiming that the box holds a sheep inside. - The Little Prince
- Bigger does not know how to respond to their requests and becomes very frustrated, as he is simply their chauffeur for the night. - Native Son
- The next morning, Spade coolly tells his office secretary, Effie Perine, to have the office door repainted to read simply "Samuel Spade". - The Maltese Falcon (novel)
- To spare Fitzgibbon’s feelings, the older pastor is kept unaware of this arrangement and believes that O’Malley is simply his assistant. - Going My Way
- The new planet is referred to by everybody as simply "the Wanderer". - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- As she tries to pay her fare, Travis simply smiles at her, turns off the meter and drives off. - Taxi Driver
- People call the service, a human operator answers, and they simply talk while the operator listens. - The Shockwave Rider
- During the cab ride home, the Dude gets thrown out after he asks the cab driver to simply change the radio station. - The Big Lebowski
- Starbuck tries to persuade Ahab to return to Nantucket to meet both their families, but Ahab simply crosses the deck and stands near Fedallah. - Moby-Dick
- Following the Witch's advice, he attempts to simply steal the red cape, but her ensuing temper tantrum guilts him into returning it. - Into the Woods
- When Bill asks what it is, she simply says: "Fuck". - Eyes Wide Shut
- It will try simply to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped (its) shells, were destroyed by the war". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "simply" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "simply" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "simply" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "simply"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word simply below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.