How to use "since" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "since" in popular movie and book plots
- The managers of the factory find this a ridiculous proposition, since they see Robots as appliances. - R.U.R.
- Humans have been attempting to explore Europa ever since Lucifer was created in 2010. - 2010: Odyssey Two
- At first, Cole is unwilling since the ghosts terrify and sometimes even threaten him, but he finally decides to attempt helping. - The Sixth Sense
- Kyle admits that he has been in love with Sarah since John gave him a photograph of her, and they have sex. - The Terminator
- Leland, as he dies, free of Bob's influence, tells Cooper that Bob has possessed him ever since molesting him as a child. - Twin Peaks
- Although Bletch is physically disgusted by Heidi, he insincerely comforts her since he needs her talent on the show. - Meet the Feebles
- Eventually, Judith appears in the crowd and calls for the release of Brian, which the crowd echoes since the name also contains an "r". - Monty Python's Life of Brian
- When Marlow visits her, she is dressed in black and still deep in mourning, although it has been more than a year since Kurtz's death. - Heart of Darkness
- When Charles asks why Fiona is not married, she confesses that she has loved Charles since they first met years earlier. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- Grete angrily calls out to Gregor – the first time anyone has spoken directly to him since his transformation. - The Metamorphosis
- The attorney tells him that he can prepare a brief for, but since the charge is unknown and the rules are unknown, it is difficult work. - The Trial
- Trained since youth as a possible successor, Vladimir had been eventually chosen over his half-brother Abulurd (namesake of the original). - Vladimir Harkonnen
- Bester releases Garibaldi of his programming, and allows him to remember everything he had done since being kidnapped. - Babylon 5
- Schub tells her that since Hapgood never said who is normal or not, they can arrest anyone at random until the quota is filled. - Anyone Can Whistle
- The town has not changed since he went off to war; however, he finds that he does "not belong here anymore, it is a foreign world". - All Quiet on the Western Front
- The writer, Alexander, still lives here, but his wife has since died of injuries she sustained in the gang-rape. - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "since" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "since" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "since" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "since"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word since below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.