How to use "situation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "situation" in popular movie and book plots
- The situation seems hopeless, as the energy produced by the reactor is sorely needed on Earth, oil having been monopolized by the military. - Blowups Happen
- Jack Ryan suspects the CIA's involvement in the situation in Colombia. - Clear and Present Danger
- The situation becomes more tense when mrs Hallet insists on retrieving her jelly glasses from the cellar. - The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
- Alma, Ramza's younger sister, remains in church, unaffected by the situation until Ramza is branded a heretic in front of her. - Final Fantasy Tactics
- Adrian raises a military force against them, but ultimately is able to resolve the situation peacefully. - The Last Man
- The letter works: the girlfriend returns, but the situation escalates when she slaps Raymond after he tries to kick her out, and he beats her. - The Stranger (novel)
- Thinking that the situation is under control, Zorba asks the Widow to follow him and turns his back. - Zorba the Greek (film)
- John and Arabella discuss the excitement of the situation and their love for each other (Why Am I So Romantic. - Animal Crackers (1930 film)
- For several days after this, the protagonists' situation changes. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- After he and his forty men's latest raid, during which they kill a villager, the village leaders decide the situation cannot continue. - The Magnificent Seven
- She values Elinor's conduct in her similar situation and resolves to model herself after Elinor's courage and good sense. - Sense and Sensibility
- The film begins with a voiceover describing the trench warfare situation of World War I up to 1916. - Paths of Glory
- They often discuss the difficult financial situation they find themselves in now that Gregor can't provide for them. - The Metamorphosis
- Just as the situation is becoming particularly heated, England declares war on Germany. - Death of a Hero
- When he dies at the end of the novel, the situation report from the frontline states, "All is Quiet on the Western Front". - All Quiet on the Western Front
- Authorities, including the Prefect, are slow to accept that the situation is serious and quibble over the appropriate action to take. - The Plague
Meaning of "situation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "situation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "situation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "situation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word situation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.