How to use "small" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "small" in popular movie and book plots
- Upon arrival at Ramelle, Miller and the squad come upon a small group of paratroopers, one of whom is Ryan. - Saving Private Ryan
- His second wife, Mrs Dashwood, and their daughters, Elinor, Marianne and Margaret, inherit only a small income. - Sense and Sensibility
- Preacher tells the story of Jesse Custer, a preacher in the small Texas town of Annville. - Preacher (comics)
- A soft-drink stand disappears, replaced by a small slip of paper with the words "SOFT-DRINK STAND" printed on it in block letters. - Time Out of Joint
- She discovers two small spirits who lead her through a briar patch and into the hollow of a large camphor tree. - My Neighbor Totoro
- In 1757, Moonfleet is a small village near the sea in the south of England. - Moonfleet
- The villagers of a small town come to Sir Bedevere the Wise claiming they have captured a witch. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- Hanging on the wall is "a small sketch in oils, on a panel, representing a woman draped and blindfolded carrying a lighted torch" (Conrad 39). - Heart of Darkness
- A scene opens with his/her corpse in a small room. - Glen or Glenda
- Rhett laughs at the idea but steals an emaciated horse and a small wagon, and they follow the retreating army out of Atlanta. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Two girls, Agnes and Elin, attend school in the small town of Åmål in Sweden. - Show Me Love (film)
- Titorelli has leave through a small back door, as the girls are blocking the door through which entered. - The Trial
- The doctors have found two small puncture marks about her neck, which dr Seward is at a loss to understand. - Dracula
- He finds a small blue spot on her chest and speaks privately with her father, only asking that Laura never be unattended. - Carmilla
- Only pitifully small pieces of land are gained, about the size of a football field, which are often lost again later. - All Quiet on the Western Front
- Violence and looting break out on a small scale, and the authorities respond by declaring martial law and imposing a curfew. - The Plague
Meaning of "small" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "small" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "small" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "small"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word small below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.