How to use "smile" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "smile" in popular movie and book plots
- The trap door opens and the person drops with a maniacal smile on his face. - Broken (1993 film)
- They say that they will do as he wishes, but smile knowingly at each other. - The Good Earth
- When asked to smile Mick continually asks why. - O Lucky Man!
- The film ends with a close-up of Beverly's wicked smile and a caption stating that Beverly "refused to cooperate" with the making of the film. - Serial Mom
- One evening, the boy directs a charming smile at him, looking, Aschenbach thinks, like Narcissus smiling at his own reflection. - Death in Venice
- The parents smile and clap, but their smiles are forced. - Testament (1983 film)
- Georgia awkwardly holds her smile as she comes to understand that David's affections towards her were only about the play. - Only When I Laugh (film)
- Preston watches the successful revolution with satisfaction from above in DuPont's office, as a smile breaks across his face. - Equilibrium (film)
- She tells Lisa to smile no matter how she feels inside, to suppress her emotions in order to be popular, and that happiness will follow. - Moaning Lisa
- They exchange a smile and Shitou begins with the line that gave Douzi trouble forty years ago. - Farewell My Concubine (film)
- Anna and Will smile at one another from across the room as his friends in the audience hug and kiss. - Notting Hill (film)
- He stares at a poster for a wartime romance film and turns to smile at her. - Two (The Twilight Zone)
- By drawing on his thumb, Hans creates a puppet he calls "Thumbelina" and brings a smile to the girl's face. - Hans Christian Andersen (film)
- Nearly broken by the news, Smith finds a small ray of hope in a friendly smile from the President of the Senate (Harry Carey). - Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
- With a sly smile of triumph, he greets Bishop with, "Good morning, Uncle", having won the hand and heart of Arabella. - Captain Blood (1935 film)
- Another woman kisses Camilla, and they turn and smile at Diane. - Mulholland Drive (film)
Meaning of "smile" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "smile" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "smile" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "smile"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word smile below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.