How to use "sort" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "sort" in popular movie and book plots
- The two kiss and Jess agrees to sort out their relationship (and her parents) when she returns for Christmas. - Bend It Like Beckham
- Rosaura and Ambar hate Cristina and they make her into some sort of servant. - Cristina Bazán
- Alien races of two galaxies sort themselves into the allied, Lens-bearing adherents of "Civilization" and the enemy "Boskone". - Lensman series
- Varinia, now his informal wife, becomes pregnant by him, and he also comes to regard the spirited Antoninus as a sort of son. - Spartacus (film)
- He had wanted to make, what he described as, "a wild sort of scribble with it on the slate". - My Left Foot (book)
- While waiting, holed up in a farmhouse where Belbo lived years before, he finds an old manuscript by Belbo, a sort of diary. - Foucault's Pendulum
- The next day, Hoggett sees Babe sort the hens, separating the brown from the white ones. - Babe (film)
- A number of other sub-plots suggest some sort of greater mystery, but remain unexplored. - Imperial Earth
- An acquaintance from college, Gavin Elster, asks Scottie to follow his wife, Madeleine, claiming that she is in some sort of danger. - Vertigo (film)
- When Norma discovers a manuscript with Joe's and Betty's names on it, she telephones Betty and insinuates the sort of man that Joe really is. - Sunset Boulevard (film)
- The story follows 24 characters roaming around Nashville, in search of some sort of goal through their own (often overlapping) story arcs. - Nashville (film)
- She has always seen herself as "a person with so much to sort out", and this is why she has been in analysis for a quite a number of years. - Just Like That (novel)
- He leaves home to find work on any sort of project, but unskilled labor is plentiful and it's hard for him to find a job. - I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
- One final poem is inserted by the author as a sort of epilogue which suggests that life itself is but a dream. - Through the Looking-Glass
- She explains the Analogue Support Facility as a sort of safehouse, where she was able to come and go when she wanted. - Megatokyo
- Sally, Phyllis, Ben and Buddy show their "real and emotional lives" in "a sort of group nervous breakdown". - Follies
Meaning of "sort" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "sort" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "sort" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "sort"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word sort below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.